Full - Chemotherapy Module One: Academic Nursing Unit (ANU) Nov 8
- No sessions currently available
Mode of delivery:
Online seminar (with online supporting materials)
Course duration: 1 day
Course dates: For available course dates and delivery modes, scroll to the bottom of this catalogue entry. Note: spaces may be reserved for Peter Mac staff or open for sign-ups from the general public. Ensure a relevant space is available by checking the listings below before purchasing this course.
Pre-requisites: Peter Mac staff members require manager approval to attend this course. No prerequisites exist for external participants.
Audience: This course is open to registered nurses and enrolled nurses.
About this learning program:
This is an introductory program. This course provides participants with the underlying principles and theory of safe practice related to administration and management of cytotoxic drugs including side effect management and patient education.
Learning Objectives & Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this learning program, the learner will be able to:
- Identify guiding statements relating to cytotoxic management
- Explain the aim of cytotoxic therapy in the care of the person with cancer
- Identify major anti-cancer therapy classifications
- List common side effects associated with cytotoxic therapy
- Discuss the education requirements and nursing management of the patient receiving cytotoxic therapy
- Recognise principles of safe handling and administration in the management of cytotoxic therapy
At the completion of this study day and with further reading, it is expected that participants will be able to;
- Outline the rationale for using cytotoxic therapy for the treatment of malignant disease
- Describe the major classifications of cytotoxic and anti-cancer therapy
- Outline the potential & actual side effects related to cytotoxic administration using a systems approach
- Provide an overview of the specific requirements the RN/EN must undertake for the safe administration and safe handling of cytotoxic agents to minimise the risk of exposure
What will I get when I have completed this course?
Upon attendance of the training session, learners will obtain a Certificate of Completion as proof of training.
How to enrol: Click the "add to cart" checkbox on the course icon above to select this course. Once you have added all required courses to your cart, scroll to the top of this catalogue page to view your cart and purchase or enrol in your course(s). After you have purchased your course, access the course page and sign up to your desired session time.
Note: Available session times are listed below, Ensure a session time which suits you is available before purchasing this course. Spaces may be reserved for Peter Mac staff or open for sign-ups from the general public.
Disclaimer - Peter Mac Staff: by enrolling in this course, you are confirming that:
- You have approval from your line manager/delegate to enrol in this program and attend at your selected date/time.
- Your line manager/delegate has approved this program as relevant to your clinical practice and will support completion of relevant clinical competency assessments.
Seminar Booking - Chemotherapy Module One
No sessions currently available