Full - Central Venous Access Devices (CVAD): Academic Nursing Unit (ANU) Oct 4
- No sessions currently available
Mode of delivery: Face-to-face (with online supporting materials)
Course duration: 3 hours
Note re: Peripheral Cannulation Training
Content regarding peripheral cannulation is scheduled in the first half of the day, and is followed by the CVAD component which is scheduled in the afternoon. If you wish to complete both courses, you must enrol and book into cannulation training separately on the Learning Hub.
Course dates: For available course dates and delivery modes, scroll to the bottom of this catalogue entry. Note: spaces may be reserved for Peter Mac staff or open for sign-ups from the general public. Ensure a relevant space is available by checking the listings below before purchasing this course.
Pre-requisites: Peter Mac staff members require manager approval to attend this course. No prerequisites exist for external participants.
Audience: This course is open to registered nurses and enrolled nurses.
About this learning program:
This course provides the necessary theory for Central Venous Access Device (CVAD) management in adult patients. The program content outlines the various types of central venous access devices, indications and rationale for use, and subsequent management.
Learning Objectives & Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this learning program, the learner will be able to:
- List Indications for peripheral and central venous catheterisation
- Recall relevant vascular and related anatomy
- Identify relevant devices for central venous catheterisation
- Discuss the nursing assessment, interventions and management of central venous access devices pre- and post-insertion
- Explain complications associated with central venous access devices
- Outline documentation requirements
- Identify nursing interventions required prior to CVAD insertion
On completion of the program, participants will be able to outline the various types of central venous access devices, indications and rationale for use, and their subsequent management.
What will I get when I have completed this course?
Upon attendance of the training session, learners will obtain a Certificate of Completion as proof of training.
How to enrol: Click the "add to cart" checkbox on the course icon above to select this course. Once you have added all required courses to your cart, scroll to the top of this catalogue page to view your cart and purchase or enrol in your course(s). After you have purchased your course, access the course page and sign up to your desired session time.
Note: Available session times are listed below, Ensure a session time which suits you is available before purchasing this course. Spaces may be reserved for Peter Mac staff or open for sign-ups from the general public.
Disclaimer - Peter Mac Staff: by enrolling in this course, you are confirming that:
- You have approval from your line manager/delegate to enrol in this program and attend at your selected date/time.
- Your line manager/delegate has approved this program as relevant to your clinical practice and will support completion of relevant clinical competency assessments.
Seminar Bookings - CVAD
No sessions currently available