Full - Peripheral Cannulation Academic Nursing Unit (ANU) Oct 4
- No sessions currently available
Mode of delivery: Face-to-face (with online supporting materials)
Course duration: half day
Note re: CVAD Training
Content regarding peripheral cannulation is scheduled in the first half of the day, and is followed by the CVAD component, which is scheduled in the afternoon. If you wish to complete both courses, you must enrol and book into CVAD training separately - please see the CVAD catalogue entry.
Course dates: For available course dates and delivery modes, scroll to the bottom of this catalogue entry. Note: spaces may be reserved for Peter Mac staff or open for sign-ups from the general public. Ensure a relevant space is available by checking the listings below before purchasing this course.
Pre-requisites: Peter Mac staff members require manager approval to attend this course. No prerequisites exist for external participants.
Audience: This course is open to registered nurses and enrolled nurses.
About this learning program:
This course provides the necessary theory for peripheral cannulation siting. The program content outlines the various types of cannulas, indications and rationale for use, and subsequent management. Simulated cannulation practice under supervision links the clinical procedure with the theoretical component.
Learning Objectives & Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this learning program, the learner will be able to:
- Define cannulation
- List Indications for peripheral venous cannulation
- Recall relevant vascular and related anatomy
- Identify relevant devices for cannulation
- Discuss the nursing assessment, interventions and management of IV cannulas pre- and post-insertion
- Explain complications associated with IV cannulas
- Outline documentation requirements
- Demonstrate cannulation practice using simulation model
What will I get when I have completed this course?
Upon attendance of the training session, learners will obtain a Certificate of Completion as proof of training.
How to enrol: Click the "add to cart" checkbox on the course icon above to select this course. Once you have added all required courses to your cart, scroll to the top of this catalogue page to view your cart and purchase or enrol in your course(s). After you have purchased your course, access the course page and sign up to your desired session time.
Note: Available session times are listed below. Ensure a session time which suits you is available before purchasing this course. Spaces may be reserved for Peter Mac staff or open for sign-ups from the general public.
Disclaimer - Peter Mac Staff: by enrolling in this course, you are confirming that:
- You have approval from your line manager/delegate to enrol in this program and attend at your selected date/time.
- Your line manager/delegate has approved this program as relevant to your clinical practice and will support completion of relevant clinical competency assessments.
Seminar Bookings - Peripheral Cannulation
No sessions currently available