Full - Introduction to Cancer: Academic Nursing Unit (ANU) Oct 11
- No sessions currently available
Peter Mac staff: $85
VCCC Alliance partner: $155
All other participants: $210
Face-to-face (with online supporting materials)
Online seminar (with online supporting materials)
Course duration: 1 day
Course dates: For available course dates and delivery modes, scroll to the bottom of this catalogue entry. Note: spaces may be reserved for Peter Mac staff or open for sign-ups from the general public. Ensure a relevant space is available by checking the listings below before purchasing this course.
Pre-requisites: Peter Mac staff members require manager approval to attend this course. No prerequisites exist for external participants.
Audience: This course is open to registered nurses, enrolled nurses and allied health staff.
About this learning program:
This in an introductory level course. This course provides an overview of cancer as a disease process including epidemiology, cell physiology, carcinogenesis, treatment options and the physical and psychosocial impact of cancer on the patient.
Learning Objectives & Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this learning program, the learner will be able to:
- Identify factors contributing to the risk of developing cancer and discuss the role of prevention and early detection
- Demonstrate knowledge of cancer cell biology and understand the process of carcinogenesis
- Identify the broad principles of cancer management as applied to diagnosis, staging, treatment and assessment of response
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the overall treatment modalities utilised in the management of cancer as a disease
- Recognise the broad physical and psychosocial impact of cancer and its treatments on patients, families and staff
At the end of the program and with further reading, participants will be able to identify risk factors impacting the development of cancer, discuss the process of carcinogenesis, outline treatment options and discuss the physical and psychosocial impact of cancer on the patient.
What will I get when I have completed this course?
Upon attendance of the training session, learners will obtain a Certificate of Completion as proof of training.
How to enrol: Click the "add to cart" checkbox on the course icon above to select this course. Once you have added all required courses to your cart, scroll to the top of this catalogue page to view your cart and purchase or enrol in your course(s). After you have purchased your course, access the course page and sign up to your desired session time.
Note: Available session times are listed below, Ensure a session time which suits you is available before purchasing this course. Spaces may be reserved for Peter Mac staff or open for sign-ups from the general public.
Disclaimer - Peter Mac Staff: by enrolling in this course, you are confirming that:
- You have approval from your line manager/delegate to enrol in this program and attend at your selected date/time.
- Your line manager/delegate has approved this program as relevant to your clinical practice and will support completion of relevant clinical competency assessments.
Seminar Bookings - Intro to Cancer
No sessions currently available