Full - Pain Management in the Oncology Setting Academic Nursing Unit (ANU) Aug 29
- No sessions currently available
Mode of delivery: Face-to-face (with online supporting materials)
Course duration: 1 day
Course dates: For available course dates and delivery modes, scroll to the bottom of this catalogue entry. Note: spaces may be reserved for Peter Mac staff or open for sign-ups from the general public. Ensure a relevant space is available by checking the listings below before purchasing this course.
Pre-requisites: Peter Mac staff members require manager approval to attend this course. No prerequisites exist for external participants.
Audience: This course is open to registered nurses, enrolled nurses and allied health staff.
About this learning program:
This is an introductory level course. This course focuses on the issue of pain in people with cancer. Topics include the pathophysiology of pain, nursing assessment of pain, pharmacological and non pharmacological management of pain, the role of interventional procedures, the use of radiotherapy for the treatment of cancer pain and nursing management of delivery devices.
Learning Objectives & Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this learning program, the learner will be able to:
- Define pain
- Explain the pathophysiology of pain
- Identify and discuss pharmacological and non pharmacological approaches to pain management
- Discuss patient assessment and documentation requirements for pain management
- Explain the application and management of delivery devices for pain management
On completion of the program, participants will be able to discuss the pathophysiology of pain, identify key management approaches to pain management and outline nursing responsibilities for patient care.
What will I get when I have completed this course?
Upon attendance of the training session, learners will obtain a Certificate of Completion as proof of training.
How to enrol: Click the "add to cart" checkbox on the course icon above to select this course. Once you have added all required courses to your cart, scroll to the top of this catalogue page to view your cart and purchase or enrol in your course(s). After you have purchased your course, access the course page and sign up to your desired session time.
Note: Available session times are listed below. Ensure a session time which suits you is available before purchasing this course. Spaces may be reserved for Peter Mac staff or open for sign-ups from the general public.
Disclaimer - Peter Mac Staff: by enrolling in this course, you are confirming that:
- You have approval from your line manager/delegate to enrol in this program and attend at your selected date/time.
- Your line manager/delegate has approved this program as relevant to your clinical practice and will support completion of relevant clinical competency assessments.
Bookings (Open to Staff & External): Pain Management
No sessions currently available